Partition of Poland was initiated centuries before Partition of Poland in 1772.
Roman Legions stopped at the Danube River due to the fact that tribes of that times, Slavs in particular developed very efficient tactic against superior professional Roman war machine, who didn’t engage in war effort during a day, yet, they were persistently engaging Romans at night. Dense forests, rivers, extensive wetlands, good tactic discouraged Romans from conquering Slavic lands. Yet, some Roman trade settlements were established.
Lusatian Culture, Great Moravian Empire were a classic Slavic inventions which performed.
966 National Christianization – 1410 Growth and Prosperity (after Grunwald victory tactics changed to more clandestine and long term planning).
* scouting entire country by foreigners
* topography; massive cutting down forests, regulating rivers, drying out wetlands
* program of infiltration of aristocracy; vast and massive mixing marriages for example Jadwiga Jagiellonka:https://pl.wikipedia.org/wi…/Jadwiga_Jagiellonka_(1513-1573)
* massive migrations including Jews since XVI century
* severe weakening of military; inadaquate resources
* devastating wars which were progressively weakening entire national structure
* Polish aristocracy were engaged in unfair practices toward minorities/majorities, abuse of power
* aritstocratic even Royal ingorance toward clergy even disrespect which fuled opposition from clergy lasted for centuries and in some cases to present day
* delegating important posts to people who were not attached emotionally with nation
* international political detachment ( international alienation) between Poland and and its neighbors near and far; Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania, Czech Kingdom, Turkey, Austria, Germany.
* suppression of education and welfare among Poles
* corruption; present in all levels of the society; aristocracy, intellectuals, clergy
* progressive weakening of national social structure
* economic and technological suppression of progress.
* elected royalty replaced dynastic management; not always the best yet, domestic.
1572 Last Dynastic Royalty – 1772 – Partition of Poland
(200 years; precisely; https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/W%C5%82adcy_Polski
* I 1772, II 1793, III 1795
SINCE 1772 POLAND IS ENSLAVED TO PRESENT DAY, FRAGMENTED POLITICALLY AND MOST OF ALL THROUGH INFLUENCE OF POWER. DISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH- DISTURBING. HUMAN/SLAVIC TRADE IS IN EFFECT (de facto common throughout Slavic nations, except Russia).
I am rejecting enslavement of Slavs, Christians, Catholics.
Marek “Mark” J. Wagner
Many of mentioned tactics are being maintained at this time … .